Explore Online | Fiosraigí Ar Líne
Please note that parents or guardians are responsible for app content downloaded by your children.
25 June 2020: We wish to inform you that the newspaper groups who own the Irish Examiner, Irish Independent and Sunday Independent have withdrawn them from free access on PressReader. We apologise for this, and will let you know if the situation changes.
PressReader is an online newspapers and magazines service, free to current library members. There are over 4,000 newspapers and over 2,000 magazines from around the world. You can log in through your desktop computer or download the PressReader app from the App Store or Google Play.
Choose the Libraries and Groups option. Search for Cork City and click or tap. Enter your library barcode and PIN. Please note that frequent users will have to login every 30 days to keep the free subscription active. For support, contact email@example.com. Watch our youtube video for more information:
Freegal is a music streaming service, free of charge for members of Cork City Libraries. Members have access to unlimited streaming of up to 16 million music tracks. You can also download 5 music tracks per week. Freegal also has music videos, and audiobooks. Full information can be found in their user FAQ: https://freegalmusic.com/settings/faq
Download the Freegal app from the App Store or Google Play. Search for Cork City Libraries. Enter your library barcode and PIN. Alternatively to access Freegal on your desktop, go to https://corkcitylibraries.freegalmusic.com/ and log in with your library barcode and PIN.
The company behind Freegal is Library Ideas who are based in the USA. We do not share any of your personal data with them. Any privacy questions can be directed to Freegal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their privacy statement is available at: https://freegalmusic.com/privacy-policy
- Make sure your membership is up to date
- Make sure you are using your correct library barcode. Note Freegal is not available on a child's membership.
- Reset your library PIN at https://lgma.iii.com/pinreset
- If you haven't logged in for a while, try logging out and logging in again to reset the app.
- All other issues contact email@example.com
Newspapers and Periodicals Index
To search our index of newspapers, periodicals and journals, visit https://ccnews.interleaf.ie/
Irish Newspaper Archives
Irish Newspaper Archive is the largest online searchable database of Irish Newspapers showing newspapers in their original format. This service is free to use on any of our public computers in all our libraries. (In-house access only) If you would like information on how to use the Irish Newspaper Archive, download the Irish Newspaper Archive Help Guide.or watch our YouTube video guide to Irish Newspaper Archive.
Irish Times ePaper and Archives
You can read the daily Irish Times ePaper, an exact digital replica of the printed newspaper and enjoy unrestricted access to more than 160 years of Irish Times archives, including millions of articles published since the first edition on March 29, 1859. This service is free to use on any of our public computers in all our libraries.
Other Online Resources
- The Oxford Dictionary of Family Names in Britain and Ireland- This huge new dictionary is the ultimate reference work on family names of the UK, covering English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Cornish, and immigrant surnames. Cork City Libraries borrowers can login by using their library barcode. If you would like information on how to use the Oxford Dictionary of Family Names in Britain and Ireland, download the Oxford Dictionary of Family Names in Britain and Ireland Help Guide.
- The Dictionary of Irish Biography - This comprehensive and authoritative biographical dictionary for Ireland contains over 9,000 signed biographical articles. We provide free in-house access to the Dictionary of Irish Biography in all our libraries. (In-house access only) If you would like information on how to use the Dictionary of Irish Biography, download the Dictionary of Irish Biography Help Guide.
- JSTOR — An online archive of academic journals and other scholarly content. Cork City Libraries provides free in-house access to JSTOR's Ireland Collection of almost 100 journals within JSTOR. (In-house access only) If you would like information on how to use JSTOR, download the JSTOR Help Guide.
- Britannica - Registered members of Cork City Libraries can access Encyclopedia Britannica Online by entering their current membership barcode. If you would like information on how to use Britannica, download the Britannica Help Guide or watch our youtube video guide to Britannica.
- Naxos Music Library - We now offer free access to Naxos Music Library. Just click on the link and enter your 14-digit library barcode number to gain entry to this useful resource. Note: Adobe flash player is required to use this site. If you are unsure if your version is adequate, you can find the latest version of Adobe Flash here: www.adobe.com/ap/products/flashplayer/