Our Reference Department holds a range of business directories, newspaper clippings, providing information for businesses in the Cork and other regions.
Useful links for business:
- Cork Chamber is a business organization in the Cork region promoting local businesses at regional and national level.
- Irish Net Diretory provides links to a variety of Irish connections in the US, including cultural and social groups, pubs, import shops, official bodies, and others.
- Signpost.ie provides a single access point to business information and services in Ireland’s south west region. Links include information on starting a business, legal & regulatory advice, and links to information on: recruitment, training, health & safety, environmental issues, funding, marketing, exporting, planning, tendering, R&D, taxation, company registration, and related issues.
- Cork4Business provides information on grants and funding sources for business.
- Cork4Community provides information on funding for community activities.
- Cork4Social Enterprise– for social enterprise funding support.
- The Cork Business Association is an organization representing Cork city retailers and other business sectors including property and financial institutions, and catering and service companies.
- BASIS, Business Access to State Information and Services, provides businesses with a single access point to Government information and services. Online information is useful for: starting a business; funding; legal & regulatory; employment issues; taxation; expanding your business; government tenders; closing/selling a business; and much more.
- BusinessWorld.ie is an extensive marketing database with company information, share prices, current foreign exchange rates, business-related news items, and many useful links. Extra services, such as media monitoring, customized research, and updates by telephone are available through subscription.
- Forfás is the national policy advisory board for enterprise, trade, science, technology and innovation. It operates under the auspices of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.