Hollyhill Library Opening Hours
Tuesday - Saturday, 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. We are closed Saturdays of bank holiday weekends.
Outside of library hours you can
- Search the library catalogue at http://libcat.corkcity.ie
- Renew items online through our Catalogue, using your 14-digit barcode and four-digit PIN.
- Please note we are unable to renew books by email or voicemail
- Download our monthly newsletter TheBerriesNo44 (PDF file 1.7 MB) for information on everything happening in our library in May 2013
- Full programme of events to celebrate Bealtaine in all our libraries. See Upcoming events for details.
- Colouring Competition for May now available to download from our Colouring, Crafts and Downloads page
- Just the Job - new books and self learning DVDs on job skills, business and entrepreneurship
- New collection of books on self esteem and happiness
- Crafts for Grandparents and Grandkids - Make Bookbags. Saturday, 11 May at 11.00a.m. Ring 021 4924928 to book.
- Gramophone recital with Tom Liston on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 at 11.00a.m.
- Practical workshop on Facebook and Twitter on Tuesday, 21 May at 11.00a.m. Ring 021 4924928 to book.
- Parents' Book club on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 11.00a.m. See Parents' Book Club page for details
- eBooks lending service. Go to our Digital Downloads page for full information
- Monthly colouring competition available to download from our Colouring, Crafts and Downloads page
- Find out about our services for students and teachers on our Services for Students and Teachers page
- View planning notices and reports on Knocknaheeny Regeneration Masterplan on our Community Information page. Knocknaheeny residents can view the masterplan online for free on our public computers. Call 021 4924928 for information.
About Our Library
Hollyhill Library service operates from the Sonas building at the rear of the new Drum building, across Courtown Drive from our former premises in the Hollyhill shopping centre. Walk up Foyle Avenue from the entrance to the Doctor's surgery, and we are the last door on the right. This location is temporary, but we provide a full library service for the whole community. During the summer of 2011, funding was made available to build our new library.
Planning notice and architect drawings of our new library building are now on display in Hollyhill Library. Call 021 4924928 for information.
Please note that as of 25 January 2012, children aged 7 or under may not be left unattended in Hollyhill Library and all other Cork City Libraries. Full information on our Kids page or ring the library on 021 4924928.
Telephone: 021 4924928
Executive Librarian: Ann Riordan
Opening hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Transport access: Bus no. 202 and northside orbital no. 201 stop on Harbour View Road.
Parking: Parking is free for up to 2 hours in Hollyhill Shopping Centre. There is limited street parking on Foyle Avenue, including two disabled parking spaces outside the Drum.
Bookstock: 30,735 at January 2013.
Postal address : Hollyhill Library, Foyle Avenue, Knocknaheeny, Cork.
Seoladh phoist: Leabharlann Chnoc an Chuilinn, Ascaill an Fheabhail, Cnoc na hAoine, Corcaigh
Loc8 code: WDR-74-FJ9
- 17 Dec. 1980 to 20 Dec. 1997 located in Terence MacSwiney Community College.
- 6 Jan. 1998 to 20 May 2008 located in Hollyhill Shopping Centre.
- 25 June 2009 to date: Foyle Avenue, Knocknaheeny