A number of bye-laws, policies, and guidelines help to govern procedures for the overall benefit of members of and visitors to Cork City Libraries. Some policies are for the protection and safety of library visitors and library staff.
Data Privacy policies
Data provided by you when you register for the library:
Internet & computer facilities
Room Bookings, Exhibition Bookings, Noticeboards
Using mobile phones
- Please respect other library users;
- Please set your phone to silent, or to a quiet ring-tone;
- If you receive a call please reply quietly and discreetly, and use hallways to receive and make calls.
Kids and Teens
In addition, please be advised that
- Parents are responsible for their children's safety and behaviour at all times in our libraries
- Children aged 7 or under may not be unaccompanied in our libraries
- Children need written parental permission to use the internet in our libraries
Collection Development Policy - Access all areas
City_Library_CCTV_policy.pdf (size 52.3 KB)
Local Libraries: Please ask the Executive Librarian at your local library
Literacy Friendly Statement and Policy
Social Media Commenting Policy
Image and Media Use Policy
Bye-laws for Cork City Libraries - Cork City Council is in the process of adopting these bye-laws.
Bye-laws-for-Library-Service.pdf (size 2.7 MB)